UNIS Marking Question

USAF29thINFvet

USAF29thINFvet

Found a piece of field gear that has a USMC UNIS marking on it. It has the 4th Division "half circle" with 115 within. What does that mean?

Thanks

115 tends to be the 4th Marine headquarters, signal Bn. I have some P41 trousers with the same markings and he was in the First joint Signal Company attached to the 4th Marines on Iwo Jima

USAF29thINFvet

Thanks!

So the person carrying this canteen....was he a marine, soldier, or sailor?

Is that the one on Bay State?

Saw it last night. I couldn't tell if the first number was a one or not. As it looks a little different than the second "1".

USAF29thINFvet

I see that now.......looks like someone may have tried to make it into a "4"?

post-777-0-68686400-1563466781.jpg

I'd say that its 115, the extra little line looks more like a mark to me. I dont think that its 415 because they didn't really use the number '5' when marking out the company. The guy would have been a marine, is there any initials because that would greatly narrow down the guy.

Not sure where you got that information, but 5 definitely was used as a company designation - usually as a Regimental recon company.

I'd say that its 115, the extra little line looks more like a mark to me. I dont think that its 415 because they didn't really use the number '5' when marking out the company. The guy would have been a marine, is there any initials because that would greatly narrow down the guy.

I have read before that they were meant to use the 5 as recon, but I've never seen any examples, so I just figured that it was never really used

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where you got that information, but 5 definitely was used as a company designation - usually as a Regimental recon company.

I was under the impression it was assault signal company ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello

have tbx radio pack with 115 and ALP marking , air liaison parties

unis_111.jpg

unis_146.png

and sister canteen cover

unis_137.png

olivier

I have a US Army musette bag UNIS marked "115". It is named to a marine in the 4th JASCO. I'll post pics later. Nice stuff guys!

Best,

Bill K.