Combat Medical Badge in Action; Photos of CMBs being worn

patches

Worn in Combat Photos of the Combat Medical Badge, WWII, Korea, Vietnam Only Please, I say this as these periods would be the rarer periods.

I know it will be a toughy this one, but here's the first one, a 2nd Div medical aidman in Korea, sometime in 1951.

post-34986-0-79376000-1563408502_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Here's one, Hank Welzel, the CMB  being worn in the field in Korea. a Medic in the 179th Infantry 45th Infantry Division. Now this guy here? He is a former medic in WWII, in the German Army!

He was born in Ohio, and his family shortly moved back to Germany, Heer unit unknown, but became a POW in Italy in late 1944.

Hank Welzel.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Verifiable 2nd Award Combat Medical Badge recipient.

Charles Shay, Charles Shay 16th Infantry 1sst Infantry Division WWII, and  7th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division Korean War.

He  left the Army sometime after Korea in 1952 and Re-Uped in the Air Force. Reserve, later transferring to the Active Air Force..

"joined the US Air Force Reserve in February 1952 and a year later became an active-duty Master Sergeant. After several months, he was transferred to the Tinker Air Force Base (Oklahoma) as a medic for the 6th Weather Squadron. As a member of that mobile squadron, he traveled to the Marshall Islands in the southern Pacific Ocean and participated in a series of atomic bomb tests ("Operation Castle") at Eniwetok Proving Grounds in 1954. In 1957, having been reassigned several times, Shay returned to Germany, joining the US Air Force Hospital in Wiesbaden. There his son Jonny was born. Shay’s last active duty military position was at the US Air Force hospital at Sembach, the Cold War airbase for the Tactical Missile Wing in Germany. In the summer of 1964, after more than twenty years in the US military, Master Sergeant Shay retired. "

charles shaay.jpg

On 7/17/2019 at 7:52 PM, patches said:

Worn in Combat Photos of the Combat Medical Badge, WWII, Korea, Vietnam Only Please, I say this as these periods would be the rarer periods.

I have had this topic's title changed, so it can be a companion to the CIB one, so we can post photos of the CIB being worn not only in Combat but in Portraits, formal or informal, so add them when you like.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I think I didn't post this one yet in any topic, so lets post it here. A 66th Infantry Division Vet now in the 42nd Infantry division going home. Painted a bit as we see and on a dark oval patch, Dark Purple????

mure.PNG

Capturme.PNGCape.PNG