USMC Helmet Cover - Opinion Needed

USAF29thINFvet

USAF29thINFvet

Looking for any and all opinions on this USMC camouflage cover and helmet. Also.....what is the going rate for a set up like this if legit?

Thanks

post-777-0-51460700-1562901615.jpg

post-777-0-89013500-1562901633.jpg

ArchangelDM

Cover is the 3rd pattern and is original but does not look original to the helmet.

liner has a makeshift leather sweatband thats been modified or mended.

Helmet has been repainted

- Dean

Anyone have an idea what the value of a put together USMC rigs like this is (assuming the helmet/liner were in a bit better condition)? I'd love to add a WWII USMC helmet at some point but I really don't know what a fair price for one is.

ArchangelDM

Looks all original to me.

Not sure why you'd take it apart and dump the lid but I would keep it together...

Cant see any rust marks on the helmet, which would indicate the rust marks on the camo dont match up making the helmet and the camo a put together.

But then he could have repainted the lid at some time, just playing devils advocate on it.

-Dean

huntssurplus

Helmet paint looks like a Korean War era paint job. Could be that the helmet was used in Korea, rust spots could have been painted over. This is just speculation though who knows.

Hunt

Probably between $350-$400 on eBay, but could go up to $450. If it had a name and or, the cover was attached to original helmet/not removed since the Marine/Sailor put it away, start at $550.