ACH Helmet Unusual NVG Mount Bracket

thatrandomguy

thatrandomguy

Hello!

This is my first post on this forum, please forgive me if I make some formatting issues here and there as I learn how to make these posts.

So after collecting so many M1 Helmets I decided to branch out into collecting some of the more modern helmets. Focus of this post is this ACH NVG bracket I recently acquired.

I honestly only know the basics of the ACH but this particular NVG bracket is a bit unique and something I've seen nowhere else online other then where I purchased it. Instead of being a solid color like tan or black it has multicam printed on it.

post-241844-0-52262800-1562833437.jpg

I read the seller's description saying it was surplus from a 10th SFG contract but I'm always skeptical about a seller's story. I believed it was just done as a custom by someone but when I received it and looked at it in person, it's definitely too good to be done by hand.

post-241844-0-82678800-1562833481.jpg

post-241844-0-56559300-1562833523.jpg

post-241844-0-42830300-1562833530.jpg

post-241844-0-81523100-1562833456.jpg

I've tried to do some research but there's only so much information on the ACH that I've found. I was wondering if a reader with more knowledge on the ACH could figure it out?

Here's a picture of the bracket with my helmet. Thank you to anyone who can help!

post-241844-0-41046000-1562833538.jpg

Howdy and welcome to the forum. As for your question about these brackets, I don't believe there is a lot of information available yet. I've only seen them for sale a few times, and as you did, assumed they were hand painted. It is encouraging to know that you handled it and feel its manufactured and not a hand done piece.

Most of the times they will get painted by whomever chose to paint their lid. This varies widely from every branch as to whom could get away with it, and who couldn't. Seeing a move to the OCP pattern and applying it on rhinos seems like a move towards standardization in my book. Hopefully we'll get more information sooner rather than later.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Interesting. It is not Letterkenny or Tobyhanna Army Depot made one because it is not marked. I don't know what more recent Norotos / ITT mounts look like, (or if they exist, but it still offered on the norotos website) but the pre 2006 style has multiple circles on the face which yours does not. I think it is unlikely that Norotos would change their tooling for a declining product. So my guess is it made by some other company. But I am just speculating. Thanks for posting, I'll keep my eye out for more info.

There was a couple of dealers selling them on ebay, I don't think they were contracted, the dealers selling them were also selling multicam dipped rail covers and items like that.