Goodwill Purple Heart

seanmc1114

I know, try as I might, I cant control other peoples decisions (I wish I could as your comments about law enforcement service resonates with me). I can only control my own decisions and actions and for me, the history and preservation of this grouping is paramount and therein lies the debate against the legislation restricting the sale of PH’s which sort of spawned much of this thread. Many collectors are more devoted toward preserving and researching military collectibles than many family members. The thing is, and what cant be ignored is economics suggest that if I sell this grouping intact to another collector in the future, the high price likely commanded will result in that collector also keeping the material together.

Many collectors are more devoted toward preserving and researching military collectibles than many family members.

I

I do understand everything you are saying but in my opinion, comments such as this put collectors in a bad light. We cannot say without a doubt that we are better caretakers than families. We cannot put ourselves above families. As many people as have served our country, we have absolutely no idea how many items are still in the hands of families. We do hear about items ending up in trash but we do not often hear about those items treasured by individuals.

Just last night I was talking to a man who wanted to see our B-25. His great uncle flew B-25s and was killed during the war. He made a book for the family with his great-uncles pictures, letters etc. This man is not a collector. He is not a military enthusiast. He is just a man interested in researching his uncle. If you could have seen the smiles on his face sharing what he has found so far you would know he is the best caretaker for his great uncle's military items.

Kat

Wharfmaster

Over the years, I have purchased a number of nice medals directly from the vet's family. They were pleased to

know the medals would be appreciated and taken care of.

However, not a single one of them refused to accept the money I offered.

Wharf

However, not a single one of them refused to accept the money I offered.

Wharf

If you were getting rid of something and someone offered you money, would you turn it down? ?

Well, eBay keeps ending these auctions and I keep picking them up at bargain prices. The only way eBay will stop with their misinformed policy is to inundate them with emails, letters, etc and explain the law to them as well as send them proper info in a respectful way.