My lid collection

The Rooster

The Rooster

Greetings all!.

I started this collection of helmets begining this past March with my issued 1980's M1 and my Dads ww2 Liner

and my Grandfathers issued Brodie from WW1. I have at this point called a halt on my collection. Im out of room and out of coin. I really enjoy researching and collecting these. I don't have anything really exceptional. I don't have Audie Murphys M1 or a D Day helmet. But I have mostly front seam swivel Bales. 2 fixed bail.. 2 vietnam era. 5 Flak helmets. 2 M3's 1 M4 and 2 M5's. All with straps and liners. And felt pads in the M3's.

The flak helmets looked lonely so there are wired 3-A11 and 2 -A13

flight helmets with goggles masks etc etc.

Some of the liners are named. Some of the steel pots are named. Ive got one off the USS San Francisco

I have what Im pretty sure is the helmet of then Captain Samuel Sardis from the Ohio Guard. He died as a LTC in 1964 in the C119 air disaster over Wilmington Ohio in 1964.

Most all of the liners are ww2 or Korea era. Ive fit some liners with repro chinstraps. Some came with chin straps. Some I fitted out with NOS chinstraps from the late 1950's. Some I threw in a repro period sweat band. Some I left alone. To top it off I have The ACH.

The navy talkers are both outfitted with leather blast helmets goggles and the sound powered equipment still works.

Im at about 24 helmets now. And holding.

Its has been a lot of fun…..

And Ive learned a lot from all of you great folks.

Rooster

post-181333-0-41273900-1562647396_thumb.jpg

You have got a very nice collection. The flak helmets I like the most. There is no cure to heal your helmet addiction.

The Rooster

Thank you! The addiction is at a halt. lack of space. Lack of funds!

And.... eventually... I have to regain my senses....

lol The flak helmates are flashy. Somewhat elobaorate.

Not exactly meticulously period correct. But They''ll do!

I like the talkers. A huge salad bowl of a helmet designed by a sculptor. Not designed by a ergonomic

ballistics expert but hey... It prob saved some lives?

The flak helmets are very nice with all of the kit with them. Good stuff congrats!

You have got a very nice collection. The flak helmets I like the most. There is no cure to heal your helmet addiction.

The Rooster

And this one here which I think is a vietnam era lid. Its named with a name and social.

Ive never been able to figure out the meaning of the inverted triangle.

Its dark Blue. Low dome. Asterisk webbing fixed webbing.

If anyone noticed the license plate behind the talkers… Its an Illinois plate made during ww2 out of

soybeans.

post-181333-0-03582100-1562657592_thumb.jpg

M24 Chaffee

Great collection! The helmets that belonged to you, your father and grandfather will always be the best! Maybe when it’s possible add a tanker helmet to round out the collection??!!

Frank

phantomfixer

very nice collection in just a few months...they make a great display.....The AAF helmets are my favorite...