Ebay removing Purple Hearts and others again

joeclown

Looks like Ebay found out about all the medals and ribbons that have been on their site that they do not allow. I just had a PH and SS removed, they have been allowed on there for quite a while up to now.

Looks like Ebay found out about all the medals and ribbons that have been on their site that they do not allow. I just had a PH and SS removed, they have been allowed on there for quite a while up to now.

Seems to come in cycles. They allow them for a week or two... then cancel them daily for a few weeks.

At least they aren't spewing that "It's illegal' BS they shoveled for years. Now they say it is against policy ... which is fine.

I tried listing an Indian campaign medal it would not go through because of the word indian

WOW.. first time hearing about those two issues.

It won't be long before there are 100 specialty niche auction sites that become the preferred selling method for collectors of everything from Pez to medals to paintings.... and eBay will lose market share over time with these policies.

As a 20+ year eBayer... it is sad to see them get so extreme. Pretty soon they will have to approve of your Halloween costumes too... its a bad road they are on.

Ebay is slowly going away....GB, Liveauction, Proxibid is selling what eBay refuses to, and reaping in huge profits, and good for them. It would not bother me to see EBay die off. I myself refuse to use them because of their militaria and ordnance policies.

vicjoy1945

So what the best avenue then for selling (or buying) these days !?! I bought many medals off ebay back in the early days. Asking for a friend....

Right here seems to work for lots of things

Outside of here, is there a consensus on where to sell? If buying, what is recommended?

I am familiar with Proxibid but not the others.

Thanks in advance.

Medalman90

Just got a warning from eBay for listing a few wound badges.

Hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got a warning from eBay for listing a few wound badges.

Hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet they allow same worded, same type of PH auctions to continue to end. They seem to allow the new manufactured ones to go on.

Don't mean to be the one on the other side of the fence here guys, but I would welcome them not allowing valor medals on there for sale. And definitely would welcome them crack down heavy on German stuff and even eliminate the sale of Third Reich items all together. I have a very selfish reason why before you guys flip out. Not that long ago I was getting numerous calls every week from folks that had stuff to sell. Recently those calls have simply dried up as most people simply list the stuff on Ebay themselves. Eliminate the simple sales outlet and the calls should come back. Anybody in this hobby that is trying to make a few extra dollars should feel the same way.

As far as why some items sail right through without any problems and why some items are pulled 5 minutes after they are listed there is a really simple answer. Once you as a seller get on their radar for selling restricted items you NEVER get off of it!!! They monitor your items a lot more stringent than the average casual seller.

Are you saying we should not be selling them on this forum either, or am I not reading it right? I don't see a difference to selling either here or there it is the same medal.

Don't mean to be the one on the other side of the fence here guys, but I would welcome them not allowing valor medals on there for sale. And definitely would welcome them crack down heavy on German stuff and even eliminate the sale of Third Reich items all together. I have a very selfish reason why before you guys flip out. Not that long ago I was getting numerous calls every week from folks that had stuff to sell. Recently those calls have simply dried up as most people simply list the stuff on Ebay themselves. Eliminate the simple sales outlet and the calls should come back. Anybody in this hobby that is trying to make a few extra dollars should feel the same way.

LOL. Classic!

I personally enjoy the option of eBay, and if they allowed Purple Hearts and the valor medals they restrict, their would be more of them available on the collector's market and it'd likely increase the overall value of these medals on the open market.

I think they just got tired of hearing from "Col. Joe Blow" and Johnnie Q. Public bitching at them over it. Same reason WWII German stuff got pulled. The Jewish National Congress inundated them with calls and emails until they just quit!

I love how eBay still sends me a notice that the item (Purple Heart Medal) is ending soon, don't forget to bid! Then you click on the notice and the item is gone! They cancelled it a week ago but still send you the ending soon notice... So dumb!

As ebay has grown it has gotten worse it's like the left hand and the right hand don't know what each is doing.

I'm getting fed up with eBay ... for the first time in 23 years... I'm afraid it is time to find a new primary site for buying and selling. Ebay has become unworkable and their customer service reminds me of a Soviet Union helpline.

So the options are Gun Broker? what else?

For a long time their customer service over the phone was great. However, the last few times Ive called Ive had very inconsistent answers from their staff, and you really cant get anywhere if one decides to be unhelpful, outside of hanging up and trying again. It was also fairly obvious the call center was likely overseas.

Definitely gets harder every day to use eBays services.

It's interesting that they will leave up current/modern examples of the DSC, Purple Heart etc. It may be true that they hit the ones from people that are flagged, I don't know. But it's the randomness of their enforcement that gets me. Let's face it, eBay gets more traffic than all the other sites combined. Therefore it's advantageous for a seller to list it there.

I think they just got tired of hearing from "Col. Joe Blow" and Johnnie Q. Public bitching at them over it. Same reason WWII German stuff got pulled. The Jewish National Congress inundated them with calls and emails until they just quit!

They still offer Confederate items (although no "stars and bars") - so, I guess being inundated with calls and emails isn't always 100% effective.

https://www.ebay.com/bhp/civil-war-confederate

Have noticed the listings that say outright such things as Purple Heart or Navy Cross or Silver Star etc are booted off, yet the ones that have no description except see picture and do not use medal or ribbon names seem to stay on auction. says to me these things are only being booted by the pizzants that cry to ebay and not the ebay geniuses that don't know one medal from another.

While we are speaking on this subject, can anyone provide a link to where the sale of US medals (other than the MoH) is now legal? It's the specific wording I'm looking for. I found the Alvarez case but that wording is vague.