Help identifing uniform

USAF Brat

post-175845-0-18454100-1562254990.pngCan anybody help indentify the uniform in this picture. I found this picture in a box of my Dad's belongings. I think it is WW1 but not sure. The photographer's stamp on the back is German.Do the shoulder straps have a specific meaning? And it looks like there is some type of clip by the buttons. My Dad's ancestors are from Germany. Some immigrated before the war and some did not. During WW1 I had ancestors fighting on both sides of the war. Any help on this uniform would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I would take a guess and say the color scheme would be like this pic, and prob Prussian. The shoulder boards would most like have the number of the regiment he belonged and possibly the Prussian crown.

I would take a guess and say the color scheme would be like this pic, and prob Prussian. The shoulder boards would most like have the number of the regiment he belonged and possibly the Prussian crown.

post-52851-0-63745600-1562257916.jpg

I do know that there was family in the Prussia region. So do you agree that this is from was from WW1. And would this have been a soldier uniform or higher in command?

prob WW1 or slightly earlier. Looks like enlisted man - maybe officer candidate. Not that up on German uniforms.