M-1955 Questions

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Has anyone seen an M-1955 with pockets with covered buttons that didn't have a contract number and manufacturer on it?

Has anyone seen an M-1955 with pockets with exposed buttons and two shoulder ropes that has a contract number or manufacturer?

What is the absolute earliest picture/video/document you know for both of the two pocket versions.

Also, if anyone has any unusual M-1955s I'd love to see them.

Thanks

It was my understanding that the exposed button ones with two shoulder cords were old war damaged type 1&2 that were rebuilt on Okinawa and were not a "official" production run like the other 2 styles were.

Second pattern vest with covered button nylon pockets can be found with 1967 dates. For a long while many collectors said second pattern vest weren't used in Hue city in early 1968 but video proof shows that second pattern vest were indeed there as well, but not in very large numbers.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

It was my understanding that the exposed button ones with two shoulder cords were old war damaged type 1&2 that were rebuilt on Okinawa and were not a "official" production run like the other 2 styles were.

This is what I'm thinking but I am trying to be more sure.

This is what I'm thinking but I am trying to be more sure.

That was always my understanding. So I think you're in the clear.