strange(To me) A-11 flight helmet.

The Rooster

The Rooster

Greetings,

Has anyone ever seen an A11 like this one?

Can anyone tell me anything about it?

It has a weird looking tag in it and the tape covers and the cord set up in the back are all different than all the a11's I've seen.

Thank you.

post-181333-0-84001600-1562119986_thumb.jpg

post-181333-0-40009900-1562120001_thumb.jpg

Almost looks like it has been modified to mimic the inner helmet of an H-3-H-4 type helmet. The helmet is set up for a later than A-14 (WW2) type mask cord. The leather covered ear phones would be to minimize wear while wearing the helmet shell. The wiring coming from the earphones has the anti pull out clips that are usually used with hard ear cups.Some Air Force pilots used the Navy H-3/4 helmets and had their riggers make an inner helmet that would work with it.Just some thoughts.

The Rooster

Ahhhh Thank you! And it is set up like an A13 now that you mention it.

Would this version of the A11 be considered rare?

Ive only ever seen this one.

The Rooster

Almost looks like it has been modified to mimic the inner helmet of an H-3-H-4 type helmet. The helmet is set up for a later than A-14 (WW2) type mask cord. The leather covered ear phones would be to minimize wear while wearing the helmet shell. The wiring coming from the earphones has the anti pull out clips that are usually used with hard ear cups.Some Air Force pilots used the Navy H-3/4 helmets and had their riggers make an inner helmet that would work with it.Just some thoughts.

Interesting.... I thought it was unusual looking.

Thank you. Its definately something I'd never seen before.