Unusual markings on 30-06 cloth bandolier

Vertol

Good afternoon,

I have found this 30-06 OD3 cloth bandolier with unusual markings.

In addition of the marking itself, the contract and stock numbers are for undershirts... but I've found nothing on the company.

Is it an old reproduction? A re-use of cloth material? Someone who has destroyed an original one?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vertol

19062906233139890.jpg

190629062331194339.jpg

190629062331443668.jpg

Interesting it was never loaded with ammo. If so,ammo lot number and manufacturer would be inked on it. Early bandoleers were not marked, had paper lot cards , but entirely a different color.

Most all WWII have ammo lot numbers stamp on them

Thought the lot stamped numbers were done for repack?....had 3-4 bandoliers out of a WW2 crate ammo all dated 43 and no lot info on bandoliers.The older stuff I have pre 1940s has the paper tag in the pockets from FA with lot info etc.

Thank you for your answers, it comforts myself in the idea that something is fake, but I can't tell if it's a fake stamp on a real bandoleer, or a complete reproduction.

Some basic observations, would this not be an Ordnance item?

it has a Philadplhia Quartermaster Department specification

The stock number tells us a few things too! the 55 is the Federal Standard Stock number classed as Textile-clothing, knitted-goods which does comply with the fabrication but the letter seems to be off. Hard to read but looks to be a letter "O", this letter is suppose to be the first letter in the particular items nomenclature. I'm pretty sure that is not a "B" for Bandoleer but again hard to make out.