Korean early Vietnam USMC helmet up for auction

Wearp

This Lid is coming up for auction tomorrow. Ill have a better idea once I get a closer look at it. Looks a little to crisp to be original but I could be wrong. Appreciate your thoughts based on this pic which is the only one available at the moment. Its listed as an early Vietnam helmet. post-3857-0-26258900-1561779483.jpeg

IMO, the 1953 + era covers have a solid globe (all black). You see the Vietnam baseball type caps with globe with horizontal lines.

Cover pattern/spacing looks odd to me from the photo.

Paul

ArchangelDM

Cover is fine and thats not a 1953 cover, all 1953 blue anchor covers featured the slits for foliage.

This cover is the 3rd Patten WW2 issue cover with the diamond patch sewn on.

EGA is a late stamp and probably Vietnam era as stated, the WW2 anchor and globes where solid stamped on the HBTs Along with the 50s era EGAs.

Need to see more on the helmet to tell you what exactly you have there but the cover is original, when the patch was added (30 years ago, yesterday) are unclear without closeups of the stitching and the desert side.

Keep us updated

- Dean

ArchangelDM

Ww2 early Liner by the looks of it with non Adjustable nape strap, unpainted A washers. You have damage there also.

T1 chinstraps on the lid, looks all ok to me for a late 50s Vietnam Usmc Helmet and Liner.

Ww2 liners where common through out Vietnam and Korean War

- Dean

PanzerPaul

Hello,

I want to clarify my earlier point - I was referring to WWII camo covers that were later stamped with EGAs.

The stamped WWII covers I own have solid globes. One version is larger and has no Semper Fi banner, the

other version is smaller and does have the Semper Fi banner, etc. See photos. My point was that the helmet

that started the post was not from the Korea period, IMO.

From my phone, I could not see that the EGA was a separate sewn on piece of cloth.

Thanks,

Paul

post-180255-0-91275200-1562002575_thumb.jpg