New ACU Cut in UCP

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

I saw this at goodwill, I did not buy it as I only go for used items but I took a picture as I thought it was a bit strange. It is a the new Version of the Army Combat Uniform that I believe was announced with the switch to Operational Camouflage Pattern, but made in Universal Camouflage Pattern. Am I missing something here?

post-153751-0-04494500-1561731136_thumb.jpg

Contract was SPM1C1-13-D-1036 made by PENTAQ Manufacturing Corporation and it was a Unisex one.

Here is an official US Army graphic showing the difference between the cut of the ACU made in UCP and the cut made in OCP.

That is going to be a really small set of uniforms they authorized for manufacture. UCP is still authorized until October 1 of this year, after which point it has to be in OCP. Not sure why anyone would buy the new uniform cut in UCP when they could buy OCP and wear it more than a year or two.

• 1 year later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Screenshot_20201011-011932_YouTube.jpg.68073586f16cafcf3ac6d2c0398ceb00.jpg

Wasnt expecting to come across one being worn, despite what the title says the video is actually teo soldier goofing around, based on the background noise they are waiting at a range. The video was upload May 2018 but the description days it is not the original video, just a reupload, so it's from some time earlier than that.