Marbles Knife Dating

capt14k

attachicon.gifIMG_2321.JPG

This part what you need?

And does the snap have to say Marbles?

Thanks.

phil

That stamp, plus the sheath design with the stitching around the belt loop sides usually means a 1950's knife.

• 6 months later...

Hi guys,

Not sure whether you’ll be able to help or if I’m on the right thread. But I recently found my grandfathers knife in the shed, my father remembers it from when he was a boy. (Around 50 years ago) I know very little about knives but it looks similar to the ones on this page. I can’t see any markings or stamps though. Can anyone help identify it? 

Thanks in advance.

FB710764-D7E7-4E4E-9F73-5358B2D48803.jpeg

949D5570-33C3-49B1-9558-0008DC841063.jpeg

DDE11384-8D62-4BAD-9CC2-32B7BC604CF2.jpeg

539C4BF2-9798-4B3D-8F55-3F55F9C84EEF.jpeg

D97E9FD8-92CF-419B-A4EB-CE808C273FB5.jpeg

A47B52C6-63D6-4B26-AD27-5048397B142B.jpeg

• 2 years later...

I know this is an older post, but I stumbled upon it today.  I am putting this out there for a resource if I can help.  I have several of the Marbles books and a small collection of the knives & axes from approximately 1920s - 1990s before they finally sold out and closed in Gladstone.  I have quite a few of the Jet Pilot Survival knives as that was my initial emphasis.  All but one are the commercial versions that used up the leftover parts after they lost the government contract.  Note that my wife and both sides of her family are from Rapid River and I own a place there as well.  Which is like 7-8 miles away from Gladstone.

Also note, that Chris the owner at Rapid River Knives (Wolverine Knives) use to work at Marbles around 1990+/-.  So he can also be a resource with some Marbles knowledge if you ever visit the area.

• 1 month later...
militarycross
On 11/28/2022 at 9:07 PM, beardeddog said:

I know this is an older post, but I stumbled upon it today.  I am putting this out there for a resource if I can help.  I have several of the Marbles books and a small collection of the knives & axes from approximately 1920s - 1990s before they finally sold out and closed in Gladstone.  I have quite a few of the Jet Pilot Survival knives as that was my initial emphasis.  All but one are the commercial versions that used up the leftover parts after they lost the government contract.  Note that my wife and both sides of her family are from Rapid River and I own a place there as well.  Which is like 7-8 miles away from Gladstone.

Also note, that Chris the owner at Rapid River Knives (Wolverine Knives) use to work at Marbles around 1990+/-.  So he can also be a resource with some Marbles knowledge if you ever visit the area.

Hello Beardeddog

I still have the marples knife that I showed a couple of years ago. I was going to sell it at the time, but Covid screwed that up. If you have anything further to add to the story of the knife, I would appreciate hearing it. Thanks.

phil