Hogan's Heroes SS Camo

kammo-man

Posted Image

In the olDen days they used rotary phones

Modern days it’s millennial technology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beau-Brummel

Excellent :-) you see so many period pictures like this and knowing what we know now we immediately think phone. Joking apart, I wonder what it is?

American Graffiti

OK it gets weirder

Art imitating life?

Whats going on in this picture, captioned 'Captured German Sniper Normandy 1944'

except he's wearing the US frogskin camo coveralls??

German wearing captured uniform?

American soldier mistaken for a German? Note German helmet at his feet though

Hmmmm, you decide

AG

post-4617-0-72873500-1562143510.jpeg

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Picture from a series taken post war. Caption is fake. At least that's what I've read.

American Graffiti

OK thats interesting..

If that is the case then yet again US camo is doubling up as poor mans German camo

AG

Picture from a series taken post war. Caption is fake. At least that's what I've read.

This was talked about before, probably a couple of times or more, photo is generally agreed of one that was taken in England during training, I think before Overlord.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

My first thought was it was training on handling POWs, because the very small numbers of camouflage coveralls used in the ETO coupled with the Germans generally being on the retreat makes it unlikely one would be captured, and I doubt the German would want to wear it anyway for fear of confusion. Plus the helmet appears to have a decal which I believe were done away with and painted over by 1944 so maybe captured in 1942 in Africa or something. But then I read on an old thread on this forum someone who said it was part of a series of 4 pictures taken post war.