Hogan's Heroes SS Camo

kammo-man

Posted Image

Was watching Hogan’s hero’s and almost fell of my chair

Here’s the SS wearing USMC camouflage uniforms!!!!!

Enjoy

Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Image

Looks like regular helmet covers molded into m 35 style helmet shapes making them NAzi !!!!!

Hahaha thats awesome i love that episode!....they used us frogskin for a german sniper in an episode or two of Combat also!....mike

LOL!! I was just watching Hogan's Heroes yesterday, love that show. I'll have to go back and catch that episode. I also watch Combat! when I can and I love the German half-tracks which are actually American half-tracks with a big swaz painted on the hood. Good stuff :D

Well... at least they made an effort.

With the lack of visual acuity of the TV sets back in those days you could hardly tell the difference to begin with.

Posted Image

As someone who was borne in the 1960s I of course have a soft spot for black and white !!!

BILL THE PATCH

My family didn't have a color tv set until the early 70's, my kids cannot understand why I watch old black and white movies. I tell for the same reason I listen to cassettes. They don't get it. To quote Sgt shultz, they know nothing!!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My family didn't have a color tv set until the early 70's, my kids cannot understand why I watch old black and white movies. I tell for the same reason I listen to cassettes. They don't get it. To quote Sgt shultz, they know nothing!!

Ha! Sounds like my family Bill, we must have been the last family in town with a b&w TV :D I still love old b&w movies though and have a huge DVD collection. When my kids were little they sat there with me and watched 60's sitcoms and a lot of old b&w stuff. To this day they quote the classics.

We never had a Color TV Billy LOL, my Father bought the very first ones in 1985 after we moved from Glendale to Ridgewood, one for me and one for the livingroom LOL.

BILL THE PATCH

We never had a Color TV Billy LOL, my Father bought the very first ones in 1985 after we moved from Glendale to Ridgewood, one for me and one for the livingroom LOL.

Gone are the days, I also remember fighting with my sister to get off the phone, something else my kids don't get, i still remember party line's, showing my age.

Government Issue

So the Waffen SS are behind the origins of the buttonhole covers? Must have been their designs the USMC stole in an OSS raid or some such. Had to have been Peter J. Ortiz.

Gone are the days, I also remember fighting with my sister to get off the phone, something else my kids don't get, i still remember party line's, showing my age. Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I remember your Father eventually put a lock on it LOL, now that's vintage LOL LOL.

fb836de715ff7b2672b5b188c78c164c.jpg

Hey that reminds me, Hardy Kruger's character (Oberst Kranzer) wore a U.S. Frog Skin uniform, in the 1969 move The Battle of Neretva, overalls I think, here it was subbing for a Splinter or Marsh overalls as he was in the Army rather then the SS :D

post-34986-0-46848100-1561613237_thumb.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

I remember your Father eventually put a lock on it LOL, now that's vintage LOL LOL.

Posted Image

Omg Kevin I forgot all about the phone lock. I had that locked picked in no time. Lol

Black and White is the BEST! Stimulates the imagination and is just beautiful as an art form. Give me B&W over colour any day! -grin- Besides . . . there was some real acting talent in B&W films!

Gone are the days, I also remember fighting with my sister to get off the phone, something else my kids don't get, i still remember party line's, showing my age. Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mom remembers party lines! Actually, we still (today) have a land line and nothing else. No mobile devices of any sort. No answering machine, even! If you call, we pick up if we are inside or at home. If we don't, means we are out! We actually still use a vintage rotary phone in the living room. -grin-

Kurt Barickman

We had a party line on the farm; sucks when your girlfriend calls and your Grandma would listen in on the conversation. TRUE STORY!

Kurt

Omg Kevin I forgot all about the phone lock. I had that locked picked in no time. Lol

You could tap out Morse style with the lock on easy !!!

Cream colored phones !

We had avocado green !!!

You could tap out Morse style with the lock on easy !!!

Cream colored phones !

We had avocado green !!!

Ha, I still have an avocado green phone out in the garage. What a beauty.. ;D