6th AIR DIVISION - RARE - PHILIPPINE MADE

firefighter

Is it period RP made? There is one eBay seller, abqmetal, that is having tons of older patches remade there and it just looks like it's in really great shape. I have a Japan made one but not sure if it's PACAF or SAC as it has no provenance.

Randy

post-8832-0-01854300-1561578336.jpg

firefighter

Is it period RP made? There is one eBay seller, abqmetal, that is having tons of older patches remade there and it just looks like it's in really great shape. I have a Japan made one but not sure if it's PACAF or SAC as it has no provenance.

Randy

It was not bought from him.I know who he is.

Randy

What are your thoughts?

Most 60s era RP made look almost Thai made, especially the thin threads on the front. This one looks later, like 70s onward. I have a couple dozen RP ones from the 60s and none have this style. That could mean nothing of course. But, if I was offered it I would probably pass. I might think different if I was holding it. BTW, the He is a She at abqmetal, and a person best avoided. She says all her stuff is original when questioned. YGBSM!

firefighter

Most 60s era RP made look almost Thai made, especially the thin threads on the front. This one looks later, like 70s onward. I have a couple dozen RP ones from the 60s and none have this style. That could mean nothing of course. But, if I was offered it I would probably pass. I might think different if I was holding it. BTW, the He is a She at abqmetal, and a person best avoided. She says all her stuff is original when questioned. YGBSM!

Randy

Thank you.I have ordered a few things from her, mostly my old unit, knowing they were not period. The size on this one threw me off.Most reproductions are regulation size, this one is much bigger.

Appreciate it

Mine is standard 4" top to bottom. She doesn't get a lot of the sizes right because she has no clue as to what they were. Yours is also missing much of the back detail. She has taken a lot of personalized patches with member's names on them from our site, so it's easy to see where she's getting many of her designs from. When asked to desist she won't respond, and many of these are unique that I obtained from the actual pilot. She's a bottom feeder of the worst sort and best avoided. There is a lot I want to say about that individual but I don't want to get in trouble! ;)

firefighter

Mine is standard 4" top to bottom. She doesn't get a lot of the sizes right because she has no clue as to what they were. Yours is also missing much of the back detail. She has taken a lot of personalized patches with member's names on them from our site, so it's easy to see where she's getting many of her designs from. When asked to desist she won't respond, and many of these are unique that I obtained from the actual pilot. She's a bottom feeder of the worst sort and best avoided. There is a lot I want to say about that individual but I don't want to get in trouble! ;)

I’ve noticed that with her stuff. I haven’t bought anything from her in a long time, last time was under her old eBay name