I was wondering when this would start: Congress is going to revoke the Medal of Honor awarded (many to black soldiers) who fought Native Americans

ajbUSWM

Congress is going to revoke the Medal of Honor awarded (many to black soldiers) who fought Native Americans

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/06/25/watch-live-lawmakers-native-americans-push-for-revoking-wounded-knee-medal-of-honor-recipients/

This will begin a reversal of countless of Medals of Honor ...

I can find nothing about this online. I also do not trust Breitbart. I do not believe this is true.

...Kat

Edit: I did find a report that some Wounded Knee descendants are going to meet with Congress to discuss the battle but it says NOTHING about the medals being rescinded. Before flying off the handle, why not wait to see what actually happens? I repeat, nothing has been done by Congress.

Other than lawmakers proposing a named-act bill, which definitely DID happen.

I repeat, nothing has been done by Congress.

Other than lawmakers proposing a named-act bill, which definitely DID happen.

Do you know how many bills are introduced that are NEVER passed? The OP stated "Congress is going to" which definitely DID not happen. I was speaking to the original post.

I can find nothing about this online. I also do not trust Breitbart. I do not believe this is true.

...Kat

Edit: I did find a report that some Wounded Knee descendants are going to meet with Congress to discuss the battle but it says NOTHING about the medals being rescinded. Before flying off the handle, why not wait to see what actually happens? I repeat, nothing has been done by Congress.

Tiger,

The link takes you directly to the live congressional hearings to revoke the Medal of Honor from black and other recipients.

Click on the link.. and believe.

I predicted this 10 years ago.... this effort is no surprise to many.

Soon... they will revoke the medals from WWII and Vietnam recipients based on current social norms. Watch for it... its coming. They never stop

Tiger,

The link takes you directly to the live congressional hearings to revoke the Medal of Honor from black and other recipients.

I predicted this 10 years ago....

As I stated above, MANY items go before Congress but very few are passed. Just because they are testifying does not mean they WILL be rescinded. Your post is very misleading. And it is absurd to insinuate others will be rescinded.

No, how many?

Waiting until it passes is not a great strategy - e.g. the proposed Purple Heart bill, which we discussed in the EXACT same fashion here on USMF.

Do you know how many bills are introduced that are NEVER passed? The OP stated "Congress is going to" which definitely DID not happen. I was speaking to the original post.

No, how many?

Waiting until it passes is not a great strategy - e.g. the proposed Purple Heart bill, which we discussed in the EXACT same fashion here on USMF.

Only about 5%-7% pass.

His post is extremely misleading. NOTHING has been done by Congress. IF you want to discuss the other side then fine but Do not start out by stating incorrect facts.

Tiger,

I predicted this 10 years ago.... this effort is no surprise to many.

Soon... they will revoke the medals from WWII and Vietnam recipients based on current social norms. Watch for it... its coming. They never stop

.....and I'll bet you have black helicopters circling your house too. Cutiger83 is right. In case you haven't noticed, there is an extremely contentious election coming in 2020. Both political parties are trying to woo their respective bases. Niche legislation is one way for representatives to give the appearance of support and action. As stated though, most of these bills are dead before they even start...and the elected officials know this. Vigilance is ALWAYS prudent and we should never be complacent...but this has the traits of a feel good bill that will go nowhere. I'm pretty sure the Congressional staffers read these blog pages. Kooky rhetoric doesn't help our case as historians and collectors.

You say 'social norms' like a massacres are a norm or valorous.