MREs and Other Rations

Homer J

Not sure if this is the proper place for this but,

Has anyone checked out this guy's Youtube channel?

Steve1989MREInfo

He gets MREs or various combat rations from all over the world and all eras and actually eats them. I've seen him try Civil War dated Hardtack, turn of the century tinned beef, all the way to the latest and greatest modern rations. And, he's only really gotten sick once. And that was from a modern ration that was still within it's servicable date.

Some here may not like the fact that he opens and essentially destroys collectable items but, it's very cool to see how well some of the stuff has held up. He is also very entertaining.

Yes, have watched him. Had some RVN meal, individual, combat AKA C rats Id pay to watch him eat. Bulging can of peaches, lolpost-6975-0-09344600-1561390205.jpeg

Then there was this one......

OR the E.R. Really, Id eat RVN LRRP rations if not so expensive, just Mountain House freeze dryed( almost). Just gave Grandson thats into RVN collecting an early LRRP, had an extra. He can Showboat it to his buddies when they come over. Needs a lexan box to put it in, hate for his cats to get into it......post-6975-0-29564700-1561396864_thumb.jpeg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/24/2019 at 10:21 AM, USARV72 said:

OR the E.R. Really, Id eat RVN LRRP rations if not so expensive, just Mountain House freeze dryed( almost). Just gave Grandson thats into RVN collecting an early LRRP, had an extra. He can Showboat it to his buddies when they come over. Needs a lexan box to put it in, hate for his cats to get into it......post-6975-0-29564700-1561396864_thumb.jpeg

My favorite was the scallopped potatoes & pork.  yum 

olivedrab1970
5 minutes ago, ed101 said:

My favorite was the scallopped potatoes & pork.  yum 

Yessir, Mine as well!

Robin-