Multi Campaign WW2 Ike Jacket

Nkumburis

here are the pics, I look as detailed photos as possible. Let me know if you need to see anything else. - Nick K

post-153882-0-22358900-1562026528_thumb.jpg

The more I look at this the more its a no from me.

I appreciate the response, what makes you lean towards no?

T Ambrosini

Out of curiosity, what are the qualification bars? I think I see "expert" on top, "pistol" a few down from that, then "machine gun" and "bazooka" at the bottom.

Out of curiosity, what are the qualification bars? I think I see "expert" on top, "pistol" a few down from that, then "machine gun" and "bazooka" at the bottom.

The qualifications are:

Expert

Rifle

Small Bore

Pistol

Hand Grenade

T.S.M.G.

Machine Gun

Bazooka

TAYLOR, EMMETT M
1ST SGT US ARMY
WORLD WAR II
DATE OF BIRTH: 09/27/1921
DATE OF DEATH: 07/22/1984
BURIED AT: SECTION D SITE 1374
ZACHARY TAYLOR NATIONAL CEMETERY
4701 BROWNSBORO ROAD LOUISVILLE, KY 40207
(502) 893-3852

Rank is correct, but no WW1 service possible with a DOB of 1921. Either not the right guy or the uniform is humped up.

I can't tell, is the thread the same for the SSI, CIB, ribbon rack, and WW1 stripes?

Emmett M. Taylor
First Sergeant, U.S. Army

In April and May 1943, then-Staff Sergeant Emmett M. Taylor was serving with an unspecified Infantry unit of the Seventh U.S. Army.

During that time, SSG Taylor’s unit was in action against German forces. SSG Taylor’s courageous actions and extraordinary heroism earned him the U.S. Army's second highest award for valor, the Distinguished Service Cross.

Medals, Awards and Badges

Distinguished Service Cross
Purple Heart
Army Good Conduct Medal
American Defense Service Medal
American Campaign Medal
European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal
World War II Victory Medal
Combat Infantryman Badge

Distinguished Service Cross Citation (Synopsis)

The President of the United States of America, authorized by Act of Congress July 9, 1918, takes pleasure in presenting the Distinguished Service Cross to Staff Sergeant Emmett M. Taylor, United States Army, for extraordinary heroism in connection with military operations against an armed enemy, in action against enemy forces during April and May 1943. Staff Sergeant Taylor's intrepid actions, personal bravery and zealous devotion to duty exemplify the highest traditions of the military forces of the United States and reflect great credit upon himself, his unit, and the United States Army.

Headquarters, Seventh U.S. Army, General Orders No. 32 (1943)

Death and Burial

First Sergeant Emmett M. Taylor died on 22 July 1984. He is buried at the Zachary Taylor National Cemetery in Louisville, Jefferson County, KY, Section D, Site 1374.

http://www.militaryhallofhonor.com/honoree-record.php?id=317092

He is listed as a DSC recipient on the 9th ID page, 60th Infantry Regiment: https://9thinfantrydivision.net/distinguished-service-cross/

He isn't the only possibility. The DSC and even the Silver Star could be from the owner's service in WWI and thus not listed in the WWII 9th ID awards. The uniform may indeed be bad, but I would look a bit deeper before writing it off....

Emmett M. Taylor

First Sergeant, U.S. Army

In April and May 1943, then-Staff Sergeant Emmett M. Taylor was serving with an unspecified Infantry unit of the Seventh U.S. Army.

During that time, SSG Taylor’s unit was in action against German forces. SSG Taylor’s courageous actions and extraordinary heroism earned him the U.S. Army's second highest award for valor, the Distinguished Service Cross.

Medals, Awards and Badges

Distinguished Service Cross

Purple Heart

Army Good Conduct Medal

American Defense Service Medal

American Campaign Medal

European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal

World War II Victory Medal

Combat Infantryman Badge

Distinguished Service Cross Citation (Synopsis)

The President of the United States of America, authorized by Act of Congress July 9, 1918, takes pleasure in presenting the Distinguished Service Cross to Staff Sergeant Emmett M. Taylor, United States Army, for extraordinary heroism in connection with military operations against an armed enemy, in action against enemy forces during April and May 1943. Staff Sergeant Taylor's intrepid actions, personal bravery and zealous devotion to duty exemplify the highest traditions of the military forces of the United States and reflect great credit upon himself, his unit, and the United States Army.

Headquarters, Seventh U.S. Army, General Orders No. 32 (1943)

Death and Burial

First Sergeant Emmett M. Taylor died on 22 July 1984. He is buried at the Zachary Taylor National Cemetery in Louisville, Jefferson County, KY, Section D, Site 1374.

http://www.militaryhallofhonor.com/honoree-record.php?id=317092

He is listed as a DSC recipient on the 9th ID page, 60th Infantry Regiment: https://9thinfantrydivision.net/distinguished-service-cross/

Good extra info on Emmett Taylor. I only found what was on the 9th ID website by going through and cross checking DSC and SS but couldn't find anything after that.