Usmccollector

Small WWII USMC collection

Hello all, first time officially creating a thread to show my small collection of wwii usmc/ija collection. Would also love to see everyone elses collections on here aswell!! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Some special items include the dress blue pants that were gifted to me by the veterans wife. He was in the 1st marine division and served on guadalcanal and peilulu. The roll top haversack is either 2nd or 5th division UNIS marked. A shaving/ toiletry kit with ega, named and marked with all the places the pre war marine went. Also have a early war guadalcanal mannequin with an early war hawley liner helmet set and matching d-ring haversack set.Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Nice items and displayed well. Thanks for sharing!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less."

GEN Robert E. Lee

That named M1910 med pouch is killer - keep up the good work

Thanks for sharing

- Dean

"Rise and rise again until lambs become lions."

Always looking for ww2 USMC items, helmets and any camo'd items

"thinking outside of the box"

New website

https://combatusedmilitaria.com

Have updated and refined the collection since the last pictures Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The 3 haversack sets on the top of my shelf are all D-ring haversacks. The 1st division tunic is named to James Robert cousino who might’ve fought on Peleliu and was wounded on Okinawa. The 6th division tunic is named to George T. Morris who fought on Guam as part of the provisional brigade that was later disbanded to form the 6th marine division and fought on Okinawa as well. One the the D-ring sets came as a small grouping that I got back in my collection. Named to Glenn M. Stoddard who was with H&S 10th marines on Tarawa, Saipan and Tinian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VERY NICE! Definitely some very desirable USMC uniforms and gear. I really enjoy the EOJ souvenirs as well.

Robin-

I Collect USMC WWII uniforms, gear, patches, insignia. medals and ribbons. I also sell and trade Militaria of primarily the U.S. Military.

R.Delaney

Semper Fidelis-

Thank you robin! I always thought Japanese items complimented the USMC displays very well on others display so I had to do the same

-raul

Finally completed the basic SSI collection. Although there were MANY variants to each patch, it’s nice to finally have completed the basic ones. Posted Image

Looking Good! Semper Fi!

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)

Looks Great!

I Collect USMC WWII uniforms, gear, patches, insignia. medals and ribbons. I also sell and trade Militaria of primarily the U.S. Military.

R.Delaney

Semper Fidelis-

Bravo Zulu!

The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps. (General A. A. Vandegrift, USMC, 5 May 1946)

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Nice collection! I really like how you have the uniforms hanging below and incorporated into the bookshelf display.

You've upgraded what was already a nice dis[play. Great pieces of history.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less."

GEN Robert E. Lee

Nice collection! I really like how you have the uniforms hanging below and incorporated into the bookshelf display.

Thank you, it was actually an idea I got from one of the display ideas threads. Unfortunately I dont remember which one

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Tarawa setup I did(no p42s sadly) It makes me really happy to look at this setup. Most of the field gear is from Glenn M. Stoddard’s grouping. Stoddard served with H&S battery 10th marines, 2nd marine division on Tarawa, Saipan, and Tinian. His gear consists of a D-ring haversack with matching knapsack, engraved canteen and cup, canteen cover, suspenders, and cartridge belt.