Small WWII USMC collection

Usmccollector

Usmccollector

Hello all, first time officially creating a thread to show my small collection of wwii usmc/ija collection. Would also love to see everyone elses collections on here aswell!! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Usmccollector

Some special items include the dress blue pants that were gifted to me by the veterans wife. He was in the 1st marine division and served on guadalcanal and peilulu. The roll top haversack is either 2nd or 5th division UNIS marked. A shaving/ toiletry kit with ega, named and marked with all the places the pre war marine went. Also have a early war guadalcanal mannequin with an early war hawley liner helmet set and matching d-ring haversack set.Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...
Usmccollector

Have updated and refined the collection since the last pictures Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The 3 haversack sets on the top of my shelf are all D-ring haversacks. The 1st division tunic is named to James Robert cousino who might’ve fought on Peleliu and was wounded on Okinawa. The 6th division tunic is named to George T. Morris who fought on Guam as part of the provisional brigade that was later disbanded to form the 6th marine division and fought on Okinawa as well. One the the D-ring sets came as a small grouping that I got back in my collection. Named to Glenn M. Stoddard who was with H&S 10th marines on Tarawa, Saipan and Tinian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usmccollector

Thank you robin! I always thought Japanese items complimented the USMC displays very well on others display so I had to do the same

-raul

Usmccollector

Finally completed the basic SSI collection. Although there were MANY variants to each patch, it’s nice to finally have completed the basic ones. Posted Image

Usmccollector

Nice collection! I really like how you have the uniforms hanging below and incorporated into the bookshelf display.

Thank you, it was actually an idea I got from one of the display ideas threads. Unfortunately I dont remember which one

Usmccollector

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Tarawa setup I did(no p42s sadly) It makes me really happy to look at this setup. Most of the field gear is from Glenn M. Stoddard’s grouping. Stoddard served with H&S battery 10th marines, 2nd marine division on Tarawa, Saipan, and Tinian. His gear consists of a D-ring haversack with matching knapsack, engraved canteen and cup, canteen cover, suspenders, and cartridge belt.

• 1 year later...