WWII field kitchen

pvttab

Hello guys-

Our living history group, the Tri-State Living History Association, finally put together a video of one of our field kitchens. We hope to produce several more kitchen videos.

www.tslha.org

Tab

A really interesting video. I had never seen how those kitchens functioned. Thank you Tri-State Living History Association for making and sharing the video on the forum.

You all did a great job!

Thanks for the enormous amount of work to get everything operational amd making the video. Educating the public on WWII. Had complete kitchen back in 90’s, cheated and used propane burners, less problems. Buddy bought it all, made a CCKW kitchen truck, lots of fun.

Excellent video! I didn't realize that mess kits were usually maintained by the field kitchens and just handed out at meals and collected afterwards.

I can still remember the sound of the immersion heaters being lit off at early dark thirty on summer maneuvers with the ARNG in the early '70's.

phantomfixer

Your functioning display is awesome thanks for making the video...mind if I share it to FB...some of my reenacting buds would love it...

• 4 years later...

Outstanding effort and execution on the video!  Also a very professional presentation with excellent editing and videography.

Thanks so much for both doing such a great job with the video and sharing it with us! 

Thanks for that!  Now I have a taste for it.  I'm looking forward to cooler weather recipes.  Summer is just too hot for certain meals.

• 3 months later...