Sign in to follow this  
pvttab

WWII field kitchen

Hello guys-

Our living history group, the Tri-State Living History Association, finally put together a video of one of our field kitchens. We hope to produce several more kitchen videos.

www.tslha.org

Tab

Primary focus is WWII field kitchens, subsistence, and supply.
WWII field kitchen living history since 2007

A really interesting video. I had never seen how those kitchens functioned. Thank you Tri-State Living History Association for making and sharing the video on the forum.

You all did a great job!

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Specific areas of collecting and buying interest:

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

or odd items with interesting stories.

Thanks for the enormous amount of work to get everything operational amd making the video. Educating the public on WWII. Had complete kitchen back in 90’s, cheated and used propane burners, less problems. Buddy bought it all, made a CCKW kitchen truck, lots of fun.

"The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him" G.K. Chesterton

"A people that values it's privileges above its principles will soon lose both" D.D. Eisenhower

donation2009.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2017.gif

Excellent video! I didn't realize that mess kits were usually maintained by the field kitchens and just handed out at meals and collected afterwards.

Looking for older Virginia Military Institute items: insignia, uniforms, cadet sabers, documents, and groupings belonging to VMI alumni.

Also interested in Virginia Reserve Militia (VRM) uniforms and insignia, or other items of general Virginia interest.

I can still remember the sound of the immersion heaters being lit off at early dark thirty on summer maneuvers with the ARNG in the early '70's.

"They'd rather be alive than free; poor dumb bastards."

Your functioning display is awesome thanks for making the video...mind if I share it to FB...some of my reenacting buds would love it...