Cobi Brick Tanks Build #3: M3 Scout Car

gwb123

Ever done any of the Brickmania kits? I've always liked the way they looked but seemed kinda high to me. I definitely like their figure options/choices more than the Cobi kits.

Ever done any of the Brickmania kits? I've always liked the way they looked but seemed kinda high to me. I definitely like their figure options/choices more than the Cobi kits.

I'd agree the Cobi figures are lacking in many respects, and also some of them could induce nightmares in small children.

But the price difference between Cobi and Brickmania is pretty significant. There are other minifigs available on eBay and I have thought about making some substitutions for my Cobi figures.

I have to admit that these Lego kits look very nice. I remember trying to create some kind of spaceship with different colored and shaped pieces and to make it look even and then I let my imagination take me "...where no one has gone before."

Semper Fi.

Manny

I have to admit that these Lego kits look very nice. I remember trying to create some kind of spaceship with different colored and shaped pieces and to make it look even and then I let my imagination take me "...where no one has gone before."

Semper Fi.

Manny

Too funny! I saw where cobi has come out with a lunar module model.

...Kat

The M7 arrived today.

attachicon.gifCobi 1.jpg

I've got one on the shelf waiting for a cold, rainy day. Enjoy!

PS: It won't surprise me if you find a way to customize it!

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to report that the M7 will be finished probably this week. I hadn't expected that building these military brick kits is so much fun. Gil your tips were VERY helpfull!

cobi1.jpg

And here it is completed. As I said, "modeling" this M7 was much fun. I'm excited by the detail and the correct scale of the parts. Unfortunaltely the USA & No. marking is only available for one side. Here are some pics.

M7a.jpg

M7b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have several of the aircraft sets, and for the price, they are really really cool. My kids are into legos so I bought a couple to start out that we could 'build together' and I think they do such a good job for the price. The B-25 is pretty big but worth it. They have a B-17 coming out which should be neat. The corsair has folding wings, and all the aircraft have retractable gear. In case it wasn't mentioned, Amazon is the best place to get them.

I have several of the aircraft sets, and for the price, they are really really cool. My kids are into legos so I bought a couple to start out that we could 'build together' and I think they do such a good job for the price. The B-25 is pretty big but worth it. They have a B-17 coming out which should be neat. The corsair has folding wings, and all the aircraft have retractable gear. In case it wasn't mentioned, Amazon is the best place to get them.

Do you know when the B-17 will be released? They have a C-47 that looks nice!

...Kat

Do you know when the B-17 will be released? They have a C-47 that looks nice!

...Kat

They just came out with a Berlin Airlift version of the C-47.