USAF PASGT Kevlar helmet for review

MattS

My son picked this up (I'm so proud). Looks like a Kevlar PASGT with modified liner and straps (from Oregon Aero) and a USAF ABU cover on it. Can't imagine many airmen need to wear a combat helmet. Pretty cool find I thought!

post-32676-0-34801300-1560634464_thumb.jpg

post-32676-0-87552500-1560634478.jpg

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

On an ACH the flap goes on the rear, its intended for a very rarely used MICH radio. On this PASGt, whatever way it fits. Neat helmet, wonder who used it.

DocCollector1441

All airmen going overseas in a combat zone would have been issued one regardless of the need to wear it or not. The fact that it has an ABU cover is pretty cool because my station is still issuing BDU or DCU unless you are Security Forces.

phantomfixer

and his last tour...with the newer uniforms, the flap on the front was to protect goggle lens from dust...At least that is what he told me...guy at the far left has the flap up front

post-155518-0-18066900-1560775433_thumb.jpg

and his last tour...with the newer uniforms, the flap on the front was to protect goggle lens from dust...At least that is what he told me...guy at the far left has the flap up front

The guy on the far left looks like he has his dust cover/sleeve over the goggles rather than the flap of the helmet cover