Frog skin para marine shirt

kammo-man

Was hunting the Rose Bowl flea market last weekend and found this being sold by a vintage guy

A nice Cammo with a twist

USMC para shirt Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Image

The shirt is made from mid weight shelter fabric !!!!!

2 different lots

I showed this to an advanced Marine collector who has one in his collection and he’s convinced they are actual Govt made period.

I honestly do not know but they sure look good.

Enjoy

Owen

Every once in a great 1000 years, these tent poplin camo's show up. They are reportedly an early variant which was abandoned in favor of the more sturdy HBT. A good friend on the East Coast came across the entire ParaSuit, pants and all, made of this stuff.
Owen, with this rarity plus the Western Costume tags, you scored BIG!!!!! Well done

61d90553977e71473a51644c2f4cae0c.jpg

My camera was shooting hot

Here’s better

:P:love::)

I watched "The Halls Of Montezuma" yesterday and one of the main actors was wearing one of these! And since this movie was made in 1951, I would assume most, if not all, the gear was original.

I watched "The Halls Of Montezuma" yesterday and one of the main actors was wearing one of these! And since this movie was made in 1951, I would assume most, if not all, the gear was original.

Yeah, last time I watched it I noticed that. By the end of the movie, one of the pocket flaps was partially torn off :(

A fellow collector told me about one of the "McHale's Navy" episodes, where the crew were all camo'd, and Ernest Borgnine was wearing a ParaCoat as well!

Posted Image

I looked at the jacket closely and it seems the arm was one time damaged needing re sewing

I also noticed the other old pattern red costume stamping in red on the upper sleeve also !

• 4 weeks later...