(U.S.) Bayonets & Knives- How many of them are there?

LIFER

Looking and searching on different sites, including this one I became curious as to finding out exactly how many there are. Being familiar with the M7, perhaps the most known, following with the M5 and M6. Along with the earlier ones, M1-M4. Then ones before that going by model with year. Also looking at books and finding out a good one or two. I have also come across variants and specialty knives such as K-bars, Navy and Pilots.

So I am taking a stab with this, I know there are a lot of knowlegeable people on here that will cut through a lot of information and get to the point. (I had to add those in).

Lifer

militariaone

HI Lance

Thanks for the fast reply. That is a big list. Lifer

Happy to assist. A list of US Bayonets would dwarf the shared knives' list :-)

Best,

V/r Lance

Suggest buying a few reference books, quite a few excellent ones available. Members will share their favorites.

militariaone

Greetings Lifer,

It really depends on what area(s) you intend to focus on collecting, Here's a view of some of the applicable titles. All have their pluses and minuses.

Best,

V/r Lance

post-31352-0-90714700-1560620078_thumb.jpg

Hi again Lance,

Those are some nice books. You must have a great collection. Yes, I know, it seems that way with all. Wether it's uniforms, patches, gear or bayonets and knives, just how far you want to go. It's addicting. Best, Lifer

Lifer- For general US knife info, Cole"s Books III, and IV, or Best of Cole, along with "Military Knives: A Reference" will be very helpful. Now if you want to specialize, or concentrate on specific US Military knives, or bayonets, then those books related to those particular blades will be extremely helpful. Just depends on what you want to concentrate on. SKIP

Hi Skip

It's as if you were reading my mind....thinking which ones to get first. I have been looking at books and came across those. They will be the ones to go with, and then some of the others. My main interest are bayonets, having a couple. I also have a knife or two, so those will follow. Thanks, Lifer