Navy Amphibious Forces Jumper Question

Lancer-86

Hey guys,

Theres a jumper in the sale section link below:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/328570-for-sale-wwii-us-navy-uniforms-aerial-gunner-amphibious-mail-clerk/&do=findComment&comment=2643008

My question, is it normal to have the amphibious forces patch with. I rate or rank patch? Or is the rank/rate patch missing? What exactly was the role of the amphibious forces? Any help is most welcome.

There might not be anything missing, as thats a perfectly acceptable uniform for a Seaman 1st Class (without the group shoulder rate). I have had other examples where a S1c didnt put on the braid, maybe expecting to get to petty officer soon enough.

Stewards and buglers did not wear the shoulder stripe. (Corpsmen either, but would wear the Red Cross it rate).

Amphibious forces were anyone involved in amphibious warfare. Ships crews, boat crews, those working the Amphibious training school or service commands. Basically, anyone who was responsible for putting troops ashore.

Stewards and buglers did not wear the shoulder stripe. (Corpsmen either, but would wear the Red Cross it rate).

Amphibious forces were anyone involved in amphibious warfare. Ships crews, boat crews, those working the Amphibious training school or service commands. Basically, anyone who was responsible for putting troops ashore.

Good evening Sigsaye ...

Was the patch also worn by sailors who landed cargo (AKAs)?

Good evening Sigsaye ...

Was the patch also worn by sailors who landed cargo (AKAs)?

. Oh yes, that is Amphibious Operations. I was on an AKA. Serious Amphibious Olerations.

. Oh yes, that is Amphibious Operations. I was on an AKA. Serious Amphibious Olerations.

My father as well. USS Circe.

My father as well. USS Circe.

. Mine was USS St. Louis. LKA-116. LKAs were AKAs that got a designation change in the early 1970s. Loved that ship. Best of the 6 ships I served on.