WWII reference books worth getting?

S1991

Hi all,

I'm looking to expand my reference book collection on the WWII subject. I already have several like Grunt Gear, GI Collector's Guide etc.

My main interesr is US Army in the ETO. But also have a few books on USMC and Army Nurse Corps.

Out of interest I was looking at the books "Heroes in our Midst" by a old forum member Jack Agnolia. Yet I never seen a decent report on his books if these would be worth the money to buy? I.e. decent photographs and information on patterns and all.

Looking forward to some options! Feel free to post anything.

Well if you are into patches I think the books by the Keller brothers and Hans De Bree's book is a must have.

You already have GI Collectors Guide, which is great, and lucky - That one must be out of print because it goes for well over a hundred dollars these days on Ebay and Amazon. There are a few other field gear and uniform books that are good like American Web Equipment by Brayley, WW2 US Army Combat Equipments by Rottman, US Army Uniform by Shelby Stanton, The WW2 GI by Richard Windrow, just to name a few.

Most sections on the forum (patches, helmets, gear, etc..) I believe have a pinned thread discussing reference books, so you'll be able to find much more there and read peoples opinions and reviews.