IN REPOSE - Diving on the USS Arizona with the National Park Service

ON PATROL

Yes, its my book, and for anyone who is interested in the USS Arizona, it's a good read. I had the privilege to dive on the wreck and assist in the mapping and detail work with the NPS, back in the 1980's. The book covers a lot of material not generally known about the ship, especially post attack information; like the effect on various parts of the ship from the massive chain explosion involving the forward magazine group. Also a great reference for those prior to visiting the USS Arizona Memorial, so you actually know what you're looking at. BPO

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon or Pacific Historic Parks Bookstore /USS Arizona Memorial gift shop, or through me directly at Bootin Annie Publishing.com. Purchase through Amazon is probably the easiest because I control all the stock and if you need it signed, we can do that.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up the book off Amazon. Read it in one sitting and very much enjoyed it. Clearly a labor of love. My one wish, should you ever update it, is for photos or illustrations to go with the text. When you talked about the discrepancies you found, I would have liked a drawing or photo to back it up. I guess I’ve always been a visual learner :). You talked about the galley area and the tile and debris. I’d guess there are images showing that.

Your descriptions of what you encountered were wonderful and I highly recommend the book. I just kept imagining it in a larger format, illustrated to bring your descriptions into sharper focus.

Thanks for doing the book. As a kid I came across a book at the local library about the salvage operations at Pearl. It was filled with photos of the work and got me fascinated with the Pearl BB’s, in particular the clipper bows. This was a nice addition to my Pearl collection.

a few years back when harvey left me without electricity for a week i read "descent into darkness" about one of the original divers

aside from the property damage and cleanup it was a great week, spent doing nothing but reading and drinking

a few years back when harvey left me without electricity for a week i read "descent into darkness" about one of the original divers

aside from the property damage and cleanup it was a great week, spent doing nothing but reading and drinking

I have that one also. Another good read.

38Driver, First off, thank you for the kind words. I'd have been happy to sign the book, since I'm the one who mailed it to you. I maintain my own stock and do all of the Amazon mail-outs myself, as you can see by the return label. There is a lesser chance of getting pirated that way.

TexRdnec, That is an excellent combination, reading and drinking. I prefer Irish or a decent single malt.

I have a fine single malt and in need of a good read. How does one obtain a signed copy? Not seeing anything on Amazon

Having a problem with Amazon right now. They are listing used copies before new and the add to cart button is not working (at least for me). SO, option 2; go to http://www.bootinanniepublishing.com and order the book there. Go to the ordering info page, fill it out and send a check or money order for $15.70 (Book plus shipping) and at the bottom of the page note that you want it signed and to whom (First name)

Thanks for your patience,

Brian O'Connor

Order received, book set aside, awaiting check or money order. Sorry for the inconvenience, but its less expensive this way as compared to Amazon . . .

Okay guys and gals, so we're all part of a mutual admiration society; who do I talk to for a ranger band with cat eyes and NVG mount for a modern helmet?