Removing sliding keepers on M1956 webbing belt?

KommandoPost

KommandoPost

Does anyone know how to safely remove the sliding keepers on the M1956 webbing belt? Or if it's even possible?

I picked up one with the Davis Buckle today that appears to have been assembled inside out, as in the US stamp would be on the inside when properly worn.

Here is what I am talking about:

as_found-1140x380.jpg

us_out-1140x375.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't bother. It's very likely it was actually worn this way. I don't recall anyone paying attention to this, or whether the US was upside down or not.

I've had good luck sliding them over the end and then sliding them back when I've gotten the belt the way I want it. Not a good idea to actually remove the sliders.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

I don't think the metal hooks on the ends of the belts that go in the eyelets would flip around?

Browninggunner688

Looks to me like the belt was made correctly, as the eyelets are facing the correct way, the U.S. stamp on the inside suggests to me that it was stamped on the belt the wrong way. I would leave it as is because it was made that way.

Nick.

Just looked at the one I have... and noticed there is no US stamping on the webbing... (??)

Were they all stamped?

Just looked at the one I have... and noticed there is no US stamping on the webbing... (??)

Were they all stamped?

Maybe a Greece return.

phantomfixer

The tabs can break off unless you are very careful, slowly opening...using heat, like a solder torch, carefully, will help prevent the tabs from snapping off

having said that...I concur with just leaving it alone

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Were they all stamped?

How best is yours? I may have faded/worn off

The keepers can be slid over the adjustment hook at each end of the belt as there is more than enough flex in them for that purpose.

Looks to me like the belt was made correctly, as the eyelets are facing the correct way, the U.S. stamp on the inside suggests to me that it was stamped on the belt the wrong way. I would leave it as is because it was made that way.

Nick.

You are correct.

The belt should just be left alone.