Photos from Basic Training Ft. Benning, GA. Does anyone else photos to show from basic?

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior

I was moving stuff around and came across a pile of photos from my time on Sand Hill Ft Benning, GA. I figured I would share a few and hope you will show your photos from Basic Training or Boot Camp.

post-1412-1230355701.jpgpost-1412-1230355712.jpg

Infamous Cattle Truck and three of my fellow Joe's passed out in the Cattle Truck after a long day at the range

Manchu Warrior

post-1412-1230356336.jpgpost-1412-1230356342.jpg

I had already had two cameras confiscated and crushed and I took a few photos I was not supposed to take.

The Drill Sergeant saw the flash on the smaller photo but I passed the camera to the other end of the formation and luckily he never found it.

post-1412-1230356576.jpg

This was one of our clowns and after the flutter kicks he was doing push ups an not long after this photo his smile was gone.

Your pictures brought back a lot of memories - I went through Basic, AIT, and 11 Mike training at Fort Benning in 1991 - never was bold enough to take any pictures during training however, so all I have are the posed shots of myself with the entire company - I was with Delta Company 3/32nd at Benning.

This picture is very large, so I could only scan part of it - I am on the far left, third row up. The picture was taken Nov. 29, 1991:

post-274-1230357529.jpg

I still have this t-shirt that the company had made - never wore it, so its in perfect condition:

post-274-1230357602.jpg

Manchu Warrior

post-1412-1230357409.jpg

Not the best photo but this is me goofing off after Turning Blue with my BDU pants and Class A jacket with high top Converse sneakers on.

Can't imagine how many push ups I would have done if I was caught dressed in this uniform.

Anyone else have any photos from your time in Basic or Boot Camp?

Manchu Warrior

Thanks for sharing Champion. After seeing your platoon photo I remembered I had one also but can't recall what I did with it. Now, it will drive me nuts until I find it. think.gif

This is a link to fairly extensive photos of Air Force BMT units, going way way back and up to very recent times, wlel organized etc., not 100% inclusive as it depends on posting pix owned by members of the Flights... but, it is a great study of changing attire, guidons and so forth over time:

Click:

http://www.bmtflightphotos.af.mil/photoindex.asp

Ah yes...seeing those old photos of the crowded cattle cars and Bradley Fighting Vehicles at the wash rack definitely bring back some memories...LOL! I'll try to dig-up and scan a few of mine and post them.

John

Here's a few that I scanned from basic training. I went through basic in "Harmony Church" at Fort Benning (1988) shortly before they shut it down and moved everything over to "Sand Hilton". It's hard to believe they still made us use the old steel pots.

John

basictrng3.jpg

basictrng4.jpg

basictrng1.jpg

basictrng2.jpg

CNY Militaria

Well my closest experience with Army basic training was this past summer from spending some time as a Platoon Leader for D-134 at Ft. Jackson.

I didn't go to basic training myself, but the ROTC equivalent I guess--Leadership, Development and Assessment Course (LDAC) at Ft. Lewis where we basically get the same training with less yelling.

Here are some pics from that!

ldac7.jpg

ldac16.jpg

ldac1.jpg

I was moving stuff around and came across a pile of photos from my time on Sand Hill

I didn't get to stay in the Sand Hilton, being in Harmony Church (only the water tower is left, now), but I see you rode the same cattle trucks!

I'll have to see what I can find. I only have one picture of me from Basic Training. I too was in Harmony Church, 8th Bn, 1st Inf Tng Bde.

Wayne

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...

post-34986-0-59755100-1479701931_thumb.jpg

Here's one of me at Benning during the Patrol Phase of AIT Mid March 1980, some kind of swampy area, maybe by the Upatoi Creek? I think it was two day block of Instruction (we bivouacked overnight).

• 3 years later...
On 10/25/2014 at 12:50 AM, BEAR said:

Since I didn't ID myself I'll now include a picture from almost 20 years later when I was an ROTC instructor.

Can you find me?

post-15-0-98579200-1414212593.jpg

I found you