Show your favorite pin up!

Captainofthe7th

Captainofthe7th

I didn't see a topic like this already so here goes:

Just one of many photos of the lovely red-head Rita Hayworth!

Let's see your favorite!

Rob

post-22-0-95086400-1402524281.jpg

Hope this is okay...

pinups.jpg

The back side listed Disney staff serving in the military, their rank and what unit they were attached to.

Unfortunately I do not own this piece. The pin-up gatefold appeared in a very high quality booklet-type newsletter called "Dispatch From Disney's," which was sent to staff in the military letting them know what was going on back in Burbank. Only one issue of the newsletter was produced and it was printe don the Hearst newspaper presses in Los Angeles.

Laury Allison

My apologies to Rita Hayworth (she was HOT!!!!). But you can't forget Betty Grable if you are talking WWII pinups.

When my Dad was in Vietnam, they were contacted and polled as to who the hottest pinup was for their era. If I remember correctly, Raquel Welch was selected as the favorite, with Ann Margaret a close second.

Laury

post-1365-1230380172.jpg

brandon_rss18

Why do we find women from back then so attractive? If I had to come up with a reason it would be something like, because they had grace, class and natural beauty. I really just cant stand this whole MTV generation. Makes me miss women that had self respect, and I didnt even live back then lol

Why do we find women from back then so attractive? If I had to come up with a reason it would be something like, because they had grace, class and natural beauty. I really just cant stand this whole MTV generation. Makes me miss women that had self respect, and I didnt even live back then lol

I think it is part of that 1940s mystique.The style of photography and pose left something for the imagination and no tatoos.

RON

IMPERIAL QUEST
Why do we find women from back then so attractive? If I had to come up with a reason it would be something like, because they had grace, class and natural beauty.

There is a certain sensuality and femininity that these ladies had which is for the most part extinct in our society today (in public anyway). I think the biggest difference is the way women perceived themselves back then; we have the corrupt 1960's to blame for the blurring of perceptions about the differences between man and woman. When is the last time you saw a woman wear a dress who wasn't going to church or a formal event?? I LOVE to see women dress like the way they are in these photos, but the only time you get to see this in our day is at a 1940's themed dance or in the movies...ahhhhh the good old days.

My apologies to Rita Hayworth (she was HOT!!!!). But you can't forget Betty Grable if you are talking WWII pinups.

When my Dad was in Vietnam, they were contacted and polled as to who the hottest pinup was for their era. If I remember correctly, Raquel Welch was selected as the favorite, with Ann Margaret a close second.

Laury

Laury,

Glad you mentioned Raquel and Ann.I had thought of them earlier.Ursala Andress comes to mind as well as some of the other Bond girls from the 60s.

RON

Steve,

That kind of talk is sexist!! And I completely agree!! thumbsup.gif

We were raised by that generation. We are a dying breed as surely as our parents. Men were men and women were women. Now I think they are just confused, or scared, or both. I feel sorry for todays generation for so many reasons. But that is another topic.

Although Grace Kelly just missed being a WWII pin up, I think she is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. Pure, wholesome, beauty.

Death to the metrosexual!!! disgust.gif