Really neat WWII USMC Trunk Group

ScottG

This came from our recent museum clean out. It is the trunk of Max Hunt of Louden TN. Formerly of Michigan. I do not have much in the way of his service info yet as I have not had time to go through all of the paperwork... As hard as it might be to believe, we literally have brought over more than a thousand items from one historical society! In addition, we receive items at the door of our museum each week, so it takes a bit of time to research everything and get it in our cataloging system.

If I had to guess, I think Hunt was in the 5th MarDiv and possibly at Iwo Jima. He may have been a paramarine as some of the paper tags show them, but this is just conjecture at the moment. I really just thought that you all would love the trunk itself. As I said, most it paperwork, but it did include a great P44 camo set as well as a blanket, duffle bag, leggings, hat covers, and a knife made by a sailor on the USS Indiana. Enjoy! Scott

post-104832-0-93827000-1559884012_thumb.jpg

post-104832-0-13537500-1559884025_thumb.jpg

post-104832-0-24728900-1559884040_thumb.jpg

Thanks Eric and Kevin. Its the second Marine trunk group from that museum in two months. The other was for a 1st MarDiiv Guadalcanal vet with some great "blooded" patches and tabs as well as uniforms etc.. Hopefully I will be able to share a killer Navy painted sea bag from a D-Day LST, its really amazing. We just have to wait for the other museum to approve the transfer later this month. Scott