Looking for any items related/belonging to MSGT Basil Thompson

Brian Dentino

Brian Dentino

Basil was KIA in Salerno, Italy in November of 1943. He was with Hqt. Battery of the 45th ID. Last known location of his medals, I believe, would have been around the Virginia Beach area. Basil was my great uncle and I do have some of his items and a few photos my grandmother gave me long ago but believe that there is still items (including his PH) out there. Will pay well for anything that was his.

Thanks for looking!

• 1 year later...
Brian Dentino

Still looking for anything related to MSGT Basil Thompson.  Last I knew his medals, including PH, were around the Virginia Beach area somewhere.

• 1 month later...
Brian Dentino

Still looking for any items to MSGT Basil Thompson, HQ Battery - 45th ID who was KIA Salerno campaign with the "Thunderbirds".  Am sure that these items either ended up in the trash (hopefully not) or at a pawn shop/flea market/etc. as his widow had no children and she remarried and had kids with another gentleman who didn't know or care about Basil.  He is my Great Uncle on my mothers side and last we knew they may have been located in the Virginia Beach area when my mothers aunt passed.  Any help or leads would be appreciated.  Of course, willing to pay handsomely or trade items to regain these family items.

Thanks in advance!