Original airborne clicker?

I was offered this cricket in a trade.

It was found during archaeological excavations around Hiesville.

What do you think of it?

post-106958-0-07721900-1559550833_thumb.jpg

post-106958-0-39121600-1559551007_thumb.jpg

Looking to buy D-Day and 101st/82nd related groupings

Doolittle Raider Jacob DeShazer: 'If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raise Him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9)

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Last one

post-106958-0-90741400-1559551047_thumb.jpg

Looking to buy D-Day and 101st/82nd related groupings

Doolittle Raider Jacob DeShazer: 'If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raise Him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9)

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

I don't know about it's originality (it is best that more experienced collectors chime in on that matter) but it looks to be not complete.

And as you probably know there are lots of copies out there.

https://www.airborne-cricket.com/technical.html

Here's one on on offer for a hefty price. I don't know (if real), these really could/should command such prices?

http://www.leholdy.com/p-7287-criquet.html

Rene

Never give in - never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense.

Churchill

Keep buggering on.

It's not an original. The depression is too "pill" shaped, there should be a die flaw that looks like a line that is just along the thumb depression and looking at the top, one side should be unevenly spaced, this one is even on both sides of the thumb depression. This one is a repro and will always be one. I'm sure someone here has an original or a pic of one that shows these details.

In my opinion the one shown from that shop in Holdy is a reproduction as well. They were all made from the same die and all have the line flaw, slightly offset thumb depression and a shallower depression than shown. Surprised they didn't punch a hole with a nail through it!

If i recall correctly there isn't any evidence to support the use of those toy style crickets.

'A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon'

Always looking for Vietnam War US Special Forces/MACV-SOG jungle shirts/uniforms and OG107 Shirts/uniforms.

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif