WW1 EGA Hat Shield Device

nchistory

WW1 EGA Hat Shield Device, most likely for cloth or leather, the EGA looks WW1, maybe slightly post use. The 5th Brigade used a shield, but apparently Mr. Manifor had posted a similar one marked "Interior Guard" years ago. Thanks for the info Alec Tulkoff. The EGA applied separately, evidence of gilt beneath the edges, so most likely been there awhile. Not sure why I purchased, just something different. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

post-153086-0-77030900-1559518694_thumb.jpg

Saw it, watched it, let it go...guess this topic will tell me if I should regret that or not

EGA appears to be original. No idea on the shield

Waiting patiently. Was watching this as well and no idea what it is. It looks legit so far as age and belonging together, and the EGA is good. If nothing else, you have a unique piece!

Any chance this was used on the helmet ? I really cant see this being worn on a visor. Maybe a campaign hat. But due to the size I would think this would be for the steel helmet.

Any chance this was used on the helmet ? I really cant see this being worn on a visor. Maybe a campaign hat. But due to the size I would think this would be for the steel helmet.

Purely a guess that it wasn't for a helmet, given flat surface. But anything is a possibility absolutely.