USS Bunker Hill CV-17 blueprints

CV17-son

I'm currently doing research to construct a scale model of the USS Bunker Hill CV-17. My father served on the Bunker Hill his/her entire WW2 naval career and was wounded on May 11, 1945 when she was hit by the two Japanese kamikaze planes. Dad passed away eight years ago, but I had promised him that I would build a model of the Bunker Hill in his honor.
While doing a web search for photographs of the Bunker Hill, a photo of blueprints appeared in my Google results. I followed the link (http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/182998-uss-bunker-hill-blueprint-plans-and-photos-uss-west-virginia-sword-and-silver-service-set/) and I was able to download several images of the drawing package that had been highlighted denoting the damage done to the Bunker Hill during the kamikaze attack. I contacted Ed Hicks to see if the plans were still available since the posting about the plans was several years old. Ed responded back that the plans had indeed already been sold, but would mention my request to the buyer should he ever see him again.
Since the posting was on this site originally, I thought I'd reach out to the members to see if perhaps someone on here had purchased these blueprints. I followed in my Father's footsteps and became a draftsman, so blueprints and engineering drawings are in my blood. I would love to have a full size color copy of the 18 prints in the set to frame and hang in my den alongside the model of the Bunker Hill once she is complete.
I thank you for taking the time to review my post and look forward to hopefully hearing back from the owner of this collection.

Respectfully,

Joe Klein

CV17-son

post-236970-0-19045300-1559497752_thumb.jpg

You can get these and a lot more documentation from an outfit called The Floating Drydock.

Steve

Thanks Steve,

I'll keep them in mind if I don't hear anything from the owner of this particular set. Was hoping for copies of the battle damaged set to display alongside my model, which will NOT be battle damaged, though once the 1:350 scale version is finished, I may try and smaller scale damaged version.....????

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps the owner of the damaged plans is not a member of this forum. Can anyone suggest additional forums that I may also post to in my quest to locate these blueprints?

THANKS!