Question about Officer EGA marking

Terry G

I picked up a USMC officer service cap ega with the H-H mark but also numbers that look like SER 209 or possibly 200. This was described as WWII vintage but I have my doubts, thinking more like 1950's-1960's. Anybody have an idea as to age of ega's with this kind of mark? Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Terry

post-216210-0-84931600-1559357552.gif

Thank you very much for this information. Terry

BTW I tried to post a picture but having trouble doing so. Sorry. It is the 1937 pattern.

post-216210-0-72359900-1559398546.gif

post-216210-0-09026300-1559398570.gif

teufelhunde.ret

The quintessential pattern of the 50/60s and if you want, finding a set of collar emblems should be relatively easy.

• 3 weeks later...

Just ran across a dress blue officer cap ega marked H inside the eagle, sterling, Viking, 1/20 10K, and SER208. So..... safe to assume same as above, this would be Korean War vintage?

Does anybody know the progression of the SER numbers? This one is 208, compared to 209 above. Different year of manufacture? Are the numbers a code for a year?

Thanks!

Terry

Yes you are correct same vintage. I am not certain in serial numbers but always thought they referred to the manufacture. I collect WWII and older though so my expertise on post war stuff wanes.

The See numbers are manufacturer codes assigned to holders of government contracts, a list of them is included in Klie's book

Thanks Brig. I knew about the numbers in the Klie book but it does not say those numbers are preceded by SER and the photo examples show only numbers. I see that both 208 and 209 are attributed to H-H with Viking included on 208. Some of these little details are confusing.

Regards,

Terry