Parachute harness webbing type

Phfly1010

Looking for ww2 an 6510 parachute pack and webbing/strapping. I have the backpad and seat cushion. Any leads on pack and harness? I may buy the harness separately and get the pack by itself. Looking for the width dimensions for the white harness straps and the color of the harness material (both base color of the strapping and color of the flecks/dash stripes). Any info appreciated. Hope this is the correct subsection of the forum. Thanks.

WWII Parachutist

Congratulations on finding the back pad and seat cushions. However, the pack and harness will be much harder to find. Original packs can still be found, although they are getting more expensive, but harnesses are much more difficult to find and tend to be much more expensive. I might have a few spare pack trays if you are looking for one.

The webbing color should be natural, which is an off-white color (not bleached white). The center tracers should be black. Don't be fooled by the cheap webbing you'll see on ebay - it's cheaply woven in India and has the wrong weave pattern, wrong yarn density, and wrong yarn size and is significantly thinner than originals. It's definitely not fit for use on original gear.

Joshua

Thanks guys. WWII Parachutist - pm me on what you have available that fits with the an 6510 system approach for fighter jockeys and what you are asking. I found a very nice empty condition pack for $200 including the bungies and marking includong model number and date. By the "tray" do you mean empty pack?

And, thanks for the tips on the cheap product on ebay, which I was about to pick up just to have a harness tying all pieces together. Cannot find any legit strapping/harness available anywhere.

WWII Parachutist

Thanks guys. WWII Parachutist - pm me on what you have available that fits with the an 6510 system

PM sent to you.