You tube GI S S panzer wrap and more

kammo-man

BILL THE PATCH

During the liberation of Paris, a captured German officer is filmed getting bonked over the head with a GI's M1 helmet....That's not shown in this series of clips, along with the meeting of Russian/American 69th division meeting on the river Elbe and Berlin after it was cleared for the Americans to enter.....Bodes

I thought it looked familiar, I seem to recall George Stevens son found the footage. It was stored away for years. Accidentally found in a storeroom Also it's been on history station before. Probably not the whole thing, i don't remember the SS uniform part either.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I thought it looked familiar, I seem to recall George Stevens son found the footage. It was stored away for years. Accidentally found in a storeroom Also it's been on history station before. Probably not the whole thing, i don't remember the SS uniform part either.Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

The first time I saw some of his color footage was over twenty ago when it was on PBS....That was the program when his son talked about finding it.....There's more if you use the search engine on the youtube site, typing in George Stevens.....Bodes

Btw, I really like the footage in the link provided that shows him climbing into the cockpit of a British Hawker Typhoon.....Man, seems being a member of the press corps was the way to go....Exception of course if you were Ernie Pyle....But I think he was a war correspondent....