You tube GI S S panzer wrap and more

kammo-man

Posted Image

Here’s some stills from a you tube film that was posted on the WAf

It shows US officers posing with their spoils of war .......

Some Das Reich black panzer wraps and caps.

Items were probably found in a baggage train or a tank storage turret bin.

What’s very interesting to me is the US M-41 in the background that’s been hand camouflaged looks like the wearer is playing with German binoculars.

There is also a nice helmet Cammo in the background

I wonder where all the goodies are now?

Enjoy the color stills

Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted ImagePosted Image

Here it’s plain to see the black wraps being worm over the US uniforms.

No doubt some guys inspecting captured goodies before the full impact of the SS had hit home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crotalus358

That hand-camo'd M41 is killer!! The side view of the camo helmet almost looks like a cover - is that a piece of zeltbahn (hard to tell w/ the colorization)?

SEABEE SON

Nice color footage! Can you please provide the YouTube link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great stills. Thanks!. There appears to be more than one camo jacket. The GI with the camoed helmet appears to be wearing one also.

Rene

Like kids in a candy store.

Every time I see one of these period photos my first thought is "Don't wander too far away from your unit and people who know who you are." Wearing an enemy uniform in a war zone just never seems to be a good idea.

Agreed

Looks like 2 cammo jackets ..........makes sense as the 41 does have a glow to it in the lush summer green.

The helmet cover looks like cloth thats been painted also.

Watch the whole clip.Its great to see how the front looks in color.

Yes Gil ,

Stay with your mates close !

That's George Stevens' color film footage.....He was a Hollywood director sent along with other film people to record the advance of Allied armies from Normandy to Berlin....They were present when the Dachau camp was liberated.....George Stevens and another member of the film crew being seen wearing German "Italian camouflage" winter coats.....Some of the footage I haven't seen including the GI's sporting the SS tanker uniforms.....Bodes

Great footage for sure??....mike

More on George Stevens...The color footage was filmed by a personal camera man for his own use....The camera supplied with Kodakrome film, which was fairly new at the time....

Stevens went on to direct James Dean's last movie Giant with Elizabeth Taylor and Rock Hudson....Bodes

I learned something else from this film. A M-1 helmet is no good in a road accident.

Rene

During the liberation of Paris, a captured German officer is filmed getting bonked over the head with a GI's M1 helmet....That's not shown in this series of clips, along with the meeting of Russian/American 69th division meeting on the river Elbe and Berlin after it was cleared for the Americans to enter.....Bodes