Memorial Day 2019 Update on the Posthumous Purple Heart Book

Dave

KASTAUFFER

Regardless of how you get this book out there, its going to be a success and Schiffer's loss. This book will have much broader appeal than some of the other books they did decide to publish.

Kurt

• 2 months later...

All:

Due to my job, I've been unable to frequent the forum as much as I normally like over the last month and several folks have messaged me regarding the status of the book.

My plan is to have the book in the hands of my printer by the beginning of September. It takes four to five months for the books to be printed and shipped (they're printed overseas). Thus, I hope to have them in hand around March or so. Unfortunately, with my job I may or may not be present when they're delivered, but with that said, as soon as I have them in hand, I will notify everyone with as much fanfare as possible. Trust me...you will not miss the announcement of the books being available! :)

If I can do it, I'll have them available for purchase directly from me as well as on Amazon. I will also attempt to be present at Vintage Production's West Coast militaria show in May with a couple cases of them - once again, depending on what my job allows me to do at the time (real-world work sometimes is a wet blanket when it comes to hobbies!!!)

By the way, from the last time I posted screenshots of pages from the book, I've made some dramatic changes to the layout. It looks really, really good at this point. I am very proud of it and I guarantee that it will become a key reference for US medals in your library.

Also, please note that if you've sent me messages and I haven't replied to them it's because I had no connection to the Internet. Please don't think I was intentionally ignoring them. Due to my job, this will probably be the case for a good portion of the upcoming year - so don't panic if I haven't been on the forum for a while. :)

Anyway...again...when the book is ready to go, everyone will know. So long as you're on this forum from time to time, you will not miss the announcement, I promise!

Thanks again for all the interest!

Dave