Jaques Swaab DSC SS PH WWI Ace Grouping on eBay

ajbUSWM

I'll add some photos from the current auction for reference's sake...

It's quite an extensive group. To buy the group from the 3rd highest scoring US ace that's really "all there" and apparently untouched...if someone has deep pockets and really likes WW1 aviation, this is a solid group to buy...

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_6.jpg

Screenshot_5.jpg

Screenshot_7.jpg

Screenshot_8.jpg

Here's a link to the GMIC forum where the owner did quite the extensive thread on it. Unfortunately, the photos don't appear to work anymore. :(

http://gmic.co.uk/topic/40831-lt-swaab39s-moh/

And for a public service announcement...the above thread's author had all of his photos hosted by photobucket and they are now all gone.

Another reason not to allow the use of photobucket on this forum (in case anyone was still chafing over that rule...) :)

Nice group, but grossly overpriced in my opinion. The bulk of the group is postwar filler. The wings, squadron pin, DSC, photos, flying license and ID card are the core of the group, and they are not worth $33,000 in my humble opinion. It will be interesting to see if it actually sells.

Steve

vicjoy1945

Beautiful grouping !! I take it the DSC is not the medal originally issued to this flier? I assume that DSC was numbered and attributable !?! I haven't read through all the previous threads.

TheMariner

Very neat grouping! Really checks all the boxes ace, early flier, aviation history! Super neat set I would say it defiantly is on the high side price wise but who knows sometimes big players come out for these type groups!

Just read about the DSC being postwar. Devalues the group even more in my opinion. To my mind, there is a big difference in value between a medal that was pinned on the recipient’s chest by General Pershing and one that came in a box in the mail years after the war.

I’m not saying the group is not historically significant, just that being postwar affects its value in a major way.

Steve

Nice group, but grossly overpriced in my opinion. The bulk of the group is postwar filler. The wings, squadron pin, DSC, photos, flying license and ID card are the core of the group, and they are not worth $33,000 in my humble opinion. It will be interesting to see if it actually sells.

Steve

I agree...@ 33K the plane better come with it.