Col. 21st regiment, Phillipine Insurrection questions

BeansEnHay

BeansEnHay

Hello all. This is my first post on the forum. I recently purchased a Phillipine Ins. campign medal and then looked it up on the OMSA rolls. It turrns out to have been issued to Col. C.A. Williams. 21st Regt. I know the Army was small enough then, there must be references to this officer in several places. Can anyone direct me to some ? If I knew his full name Im sure Id have more luck searching.

I read the Armys history of the campaign on their site, and the only ref. to the 21st was their involvement in the fighting south of Manila ( Laguna, etc.), but no mention of its commander.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you

Bob

Hi Bob,

There are some paid sites such as FOLD3 to which you can subscribe, but I found this page for a Charles A, Williams who served in the Philippines with the 21st Infantry. It may help give you a start in your research.

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Gazetteer/Places/America/United_States/Army/USMA/Cullums_Register/2544*.html

If you have access to Fold3, you can find him listed in the officer's registers. Here is one excerpt showing that he had been breveted.

post-203-0-08238100-1558620981_thumb.jpg

Interesting medal and man.

He also rec'ed Indian Wars Medal 701 on 29-Oct-08 (per Planchet Research Group PR6 "The Indian Wars Medal."

JimB

BeansEnHay

Beast,

Thank you for the link. That was the motherlode! I do have fold 3, but am new to researching U.S. medals so didn’t think to look.

Thanks again

Bob