WWI M1911 mag pouch with care instructions

BOLO

milsurp_scout_14

I have come across dozens of these pouches in my years of collecting, many minty fresh, and I've only seen one with the instructions (which I kept). Nice score!

Bolo, an amazing coincidence here in that I went to a gun show in Cleveland a few weeks ago and a vendor had a stack of assorted mag pouches. I never would have given them a second thought, but I was striking out that day. I started my search and the pouch on the bottom was a mint WWI pouch. I already have a few, but specifically opened it to search for the care instructions and BINGO, they were there and I bought the pouch for a grand total of $15.00. The pouch and instructions are identical twins of those you showed.

Bob

Browninggunner688

Very nice pouch, been after one of these care sheets for a while now. I have several WW1 .45 magazine pouches even minty ones but never lucked on a pouch with the sheet.

Nick.

About 15-20 years ago I remember a large number of these ammunition pockets with instructions at surplus stores and with dealers. Somewhere I have a pile of the instruction sheets that were removed to be tossed.

phantomfixer

very cool item to have with the instructions...great find

Local AN store bought an unopened case with 500 WWII pouches

I picked up an eagle snap .45 pouch a while ago and saw some paper squished way down inside one of the pockets. I very carefully pulled it out and found on of these care sheets. This one is dated 6-22-16.

Tim

post-192-0-90760600-1558656795.jpg

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

That's because the paper didn't come in the WW1 contract pouches.

too bad, this one could have used it. Cost saving measure?