"The ATOMIC BOMBER"

The Rooster

The Rooster

Update.And Final configuration of the Atomic 1950's USAF Bomber

post-181333-0-42660200-1558626376_thumb.jpg

Sorry guys but what going here? Post war interior helmet, mask, o2 bottle with WW2 flak helmet and V.D. gunners goggle? Where is the connection into a 1950's B-36 B-29 crew member? Maybe I missed something...

Thanks,

Jerry

The Rooster

Sorry guys but what going here? Post war interior helmet, mask, o2 bottle with WW2 flak helmet and V.D. gunners goggle? Where is the connection into a 1950's B-36 B-29 crew member? Maybe I missed something...

Thanks,

Jerry

HI Jerry. I think you missed the copy in my first post.

"1950's B-36 B-29 crew member...

Sort of …. lol lol"

The mask bottle and leather helmet are 1950's era and the flak helmet and goggles are ww2 era.

Its prob a stretch to think they wore ww2 flak helmets... but you never know. And the gunners coud have been wearing ww2 goggles.

The Korean War was only 5 years after ww2 and you know they wore the same stuff as in ww2...... So yes I think its possible...

But

Please refer to my opening line..

1950's B-36 B-29 crew member...

Sort of …. lol lol

Thank you.

The Rooster

The info I found on the A13 Leather Flying helmet said that it was intended for use in low and slow aircraft and was used in the mid fifties

on the B-29 and the B-36 peacemaker. It was the last leather flying helmet issued.

The Rooster

I didnt know they made a b-50....

The Boeing B-50 Superfortress is an American strategic bomber. A post–World War II revision of the Boeing B-29 Superfortress, it was fitted with more powerful Pratt & Whitney R-4360 radial engines, stronger structure, a taller tail fin, and other improvements.

Maybe Im missing something but I dont think that there is anything terribly off about the display???

Sorry for confusion but Im not aware about what you mean: "Sort of …. lol lol". Im more into a NAVY aviation from WW2 but Im not sure if B-29 crews used s V.D. goggle and flak helmet from WW2. It is not about this two items are from WW2 but their purpose and characteristic of B-29 mission etc... for sure great post WW2 aviation collector like Bebel can tell more about it.

regards,

Jerry

The Rooster

Sorry for confusion but Im not aware about what you mean: "Sort of …. lol lol". Im more into a NAVY aviation from WW2 but Im not sure if B-29 crews used s V.D. goggle and flak helmet from WW2. It is not about this two items are from WW2 but their purpose and characteristic of B-29 mission etc... for sure great post WW2 aviation collector like Bebel can tell more about it.

regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Well.... that means, I really dont know.... But I think I know enough to call this the atomic bomber loosely....

Im new at this. I started collecting flight helmets with an eye towards ww2 about a month ago.... Flak helmets to be precise..

Its put together as far as my limited knowledge and experience allows. I bought the flak helmet... and it looked kind of empty.. you know..

and I just kept going and put this together. Thats the meaning of the first line "Sort of" lol laughter!!!

Because Im a novice and its my idea of what a B29 B36 gunner or crew mwmbwr etc might have worn during the 1950's.

My first display is a ww2 pilot but I have an A14b mask with it so technically its not accurate but it doesnt bother me.

Any how thank you for the comment and I welcome all comments to learn more.

Cheers!

Rooster!

Good to know something new everyday, thanks.

I guess the best would be study a war time photos and post war photos to recognize all kind of stuff there and try to make the best displays. That is way to get a correct display for each era.

Good luck,

Jerry

Dave,

I don't remember having ever seen an anti flak helmet after ww2... The MS-22001 mask would be better with the hooks than the strap for attaching the mask on the face.

However It's a real thing to display a set about this thema.

Franck

The Rooster

Hi Franck.

I agree it would be better with the attachment straps.. Problem is finding them. I cant find any hanger straps anywhere!

Thank you for your comment.

Dave