New Korean Souvenir patch

beerdragon54

beerdragon54

This thing is like 12 inches long. Pretty cool. Anyone ever see anything like it?Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salvage Sailor

US NAVAL ADVISORY GROUP DETACHMENT CHINHAE (SOUTH) KOREA 1962-1963 Advisor patch

NAG CHINHAE KOREA ADVISOR 1962 1963 001.jpg

NAG CHINHAE KOREA ADVISOR 1962 1963 002.jpg

SOOOO....if you google that guys name you find out something real interesting. He lives in NY, but was convicted in MI.... :(

Longbranch

These, especially that first one, were probably originally part of a directly embroidered jacket. I've soon a lot of jackets with elaborate direct-emroidery on the jacket's fabric shell from vets that served in Korea, from the 1950s all the way to the 1990s.

And yes, sometimes named items don't research out very well... I've seen/had numerous items from vets who were convicted of some really horrible things... even came across stuff from an Army chaplain that was dishonorably discharged and served a 1-year sentence in Leavenworth for some pretty bad stuff.

beerdragon54

The picker said he got it from the guy who the article on the internet is about. The sex offender is 53 so it isn’t him. He told the picker that it was his fathers who was born in 1932. A small piece of mind for me. Here are the other patches that came with them.Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk