My first two WW2 Navy/Marine flying helmet sets....

Flightpath

Flightpath

Hi,

I received some things in the post today and put together my first two WW2 Navy/Marine flying helmets with receivers and goggles. I found a pair of AO AN-6531 sunglasses that were a bit rough so I straightened and cleaned the frames (the lenses were in perfect condition).

On the left is a NAF 1092 helmet with TH-37 receivers and AN-6530 goggles, on the right is an AN-H-1 (NXsa-36914) helmet with ANB-H-1 receivers and Polaroid 1021 goggles. Throat mic is a T-30V.

Thanks to Tom and Paul for your help and information!

Hope you like my first two Navy/Marine flying helmet sets, Cheers, John

P.S. I soaked the sunglasses in baking soda and warm water (same as my wife's silver for her Norwegian national costume:)

post-105780-0-21193600-1558547581_thumb.jpg

Flightpath

Hi,

thanks, I was only going to have one helmet, then wanted one leather and one cloth, then... I have another on the way and still have not got what I really want!

My daughter received my wife's bunad for her 15th birthday last month, she wore it on the 17th ;)

Nice flight helmets Flightpath. Did your wife wear her bunad on the 17th? :)

The Rooster

Hi,

thanks, I was only going to have one helmet, then wanted one leather and one cloth, then... I have another on the way and still have not got what I really want!

My daughter received my wife's bunad for her 15th birthday last month, she wore it on the 17th ;)

Hi Flightpath! Nice helmets Man!! Same thing happened to me. I bought a flak helmet. Then I needed an oxy mask.. Then leather flight helmet... then goggles! and then i wanted just one more. Then I found I really needed the extra flak helmets to hold it all together.... and so it goes.........

I have the pieces coming in now for the 4th and LAST one now... God help me!!!

pararaftanr2

John,

Well done, they turned out great. As others have mentioned, it can become addicting, so proceed with caution, but keep having fun!

Regards, Paul